AACHEN SCHOOL OF EQUESTRIAN ART AND DESIGN – ASAD ® (Former AACHEN SCHOOL OF COURSE DESIGN)
As many other sports, the equestrian sport disciplines still need further scientific approach in order to increase the objective knowledge and to improve
- knowledge about history and development of the Equestrian Sport
- training methods for horses and riders
- protection and welfare of the horse
- raising the level of Equestrian Sport in general
- increasing safety of horse and rider
- raising the attractivity of Jumping Sport
- and contribute to the universality of our sport and many other benefits.
Course Design might be a discipline within Jumping Sport, which might need further high-levelled input.
After several discussions and considerations (starting in Sydney 1999) and intensive consultation with FEI and the German NF Arno Gego, Speaker ASAD (Aachen/ Germany), Leopoldo Palacios, Honorary Vice-President FEI (Caracas/ Venezuela) and Olaf Petersen, Former Chairman of the FEI-Jumping Committee (Munich/ Germany)have founded beginning of 2004 the AACHEN SCHOOL OF EQUESTRIAN ART AND DESIGN – ASAD ®.
The AACHEN SCHOOL OF EQUESTRIAN ART AND DESIGN is an autonomous Institution and since 2005 a beneficiary Foundation (Non-Profit-Organization) and is striving to promote the ART OF COURSE DESIGN and CONCOURS DESIGN and especially the young generation of potential Designers.